The ADA Master Plan was updated in 2009. Working with Paul Steege Associates, the College developed a phased implementation plan based on four (4) priority categories. The ADA Committee selects priority projects to advance each fiscal year.
Recently the College contracted with Accruent to conduct a Facilities Condition Assessment of all campus facilities. As part of this study, Accruent noted any accessibility deficiencies. The ADA Committee is reviewing the Accruent report, will make updates to the ADA Master Plan if needed, and will then select the next projects to implement.
Completed Projects, Fiscal Years 2010 – 2017:
- Eickhoff and Packer Emergency Phones
- Forcina Accessible Water Fountain
- Kendall Accessible Seating
- Brower Student Center Renovation – numerous accessibility upgrades are included in the renovation of the Brower Student Center
- Forcina Hall – public gender inclusive toilet room renovations for accessibility on first floor and fourth floor
- Brower Student Center – public men’s and women’s toilet room renovations for accessibility on first and second floors.
- Green Hall – public gender inclusive toilet room renovations for accessibility at lower level; and men’s and women’s toilet room renovations for accessibility on first and second floors.
- Decker Parking Lot – provided 3-4 accessible parking spaces and a curb cut to allow accessibility to sidewalk and Decker Hall entrance.
- Recreation Center – provided ADA compliant hardware at main entrance; replaced (12) marble thresholds throughout Locker Rooms with ADA-compliant thresholds; and provided first floor accessible viewing area to main tennis courts below.
- Lion’s Stadium – provided accessible counter at ticket booth and concession stand.
- Ackerman Field – provided new accessible concrete ramp w/ handrail from lower sidewalk up to field level to link sidewalk with new paved accessible seating area.
- Ely-Allen-Brewster – installed auto-door operator at interior vestibule door; installed door hold-open devices at lounge doors between Allen/Ely and Allen/Brewster to provide accessibility to each building on the first floor.
- New Residence Hall – provided single student room renovation for accessibility on first floor (Rm. 160) including a new bathroom with roll-in shower and horn/strobe units for visual/audible accessibility; provided public gender inclusive toilet room renovations for accessibility on first floor.
- Norsworthy Hall – numerous accessibility upgrades were completed as part of the renovation of Norsworthy Hall, including door operators and prox readers; gender inclusive accessible toilet rooms; accessible kitchen with laundry facilities, accessible drinking fountains; and an accessible single student room.
- Eickhoff Hall – accessible toilet rooms in Student Health Services
- Music Building – create accessible entrance to conference room 203 and relocate toilet room accessories in Lower Level Women’s Room to comply with required mounting heights.
- Parking Lots / Garages – provide accessible van parking spaces and signage in Lots 17 and 18 (Forcina Garage); provide handicap parking signs at Lot 16 (Eickhoff Garage); create new accessible van parking spaces and signage in Lot 7 (Metzger Garage); and create accessible van parking spaces and signage in Lot 14 (Decker Lot); create van accessible spaces and signage at Lots 10 and 11 (Travers-Wolfe Garage),
- Townhouse South – provide accessible kitchenette in living room of Units 003 and 004 on first floor, including new base/wall cabinets, under counter refrigerator and vinyl flooring. In the public lounge/kitchen, provide expanded kitchen area with accessible base/wall cabinetry, new electric stove-top and refrigerator along with new finishes in these areas
- Eickhoff Hall – provide two single student room renovations for accessibility on second floor (Rms. 226 and 264) including new accessible bathrooms with roll-in showers and horn/strobe units for visual/audible accessibility. Provide new horns/strobes in student rooms 228 and 262 in addition to student rooms 226 and 264. Remove existing counter and provide rolling table or fold up counter in laundry room 221 to allow for accessibility.